Mary B. Asper - Dyslexia
The overwhelming frustration a person with Dyslexia goes through knowing what they want to say or do, but not being able to express it on paper or get the words out, socially withdraws them in an attempt to hide their struggles…
But Dyslexia is not just letter reversal!
It is time to shift our mindset from approaching Dyslexia as only a reading impairment and start to consider the overall medical concerns! And when looking for the optimal treatment option for a person suffering with this learning disorder, not one discipline can successfully work with Dyslexia as it is made up of many characteristics and underlying circumstances.
That is why we brought together 2 hand-picked experts, Mary Asper MS, CCC-SLP and Penny Stack, OTD, OTR/L, CLT, to go beyond reading interventions to offer this collaborative training experience. Join Mary and Penny in our NEW Dyslexia Online Course as they share a combined 60+ years of experience to dive into the various layers that make up Dyslexia.
Current neurological research and information will be applied to the diagnostic attributes to help you plan the most effective interventions to support sound/symbol awareness, reading comprehension, social interaction and executive function. This dynamic, information-packed course will teach you strategies and methods for helping students diagnosed with dyslexia improve academic performance and social interactions:
- Strategies to improve academic skills, organization and social interaction
- Techniques to teach phonemic/ phonological awareness, decoding, fluency, comprehension and written expression
- Simple ways to use technology to enhance traditional learning methods
- Games, stories and activities to engage & strengthen performance across modalities
With this Online Dyslexia Course, you will walk away with treatment ideas that will incorporate the use of client-centered everyday routines, games, technology, sensory and hands-on approaches to help your clients overcome the challenges of life with dyslexia.
- Discover 5 secret signs of dyslexia no one ever told you
- Increase ability to recall multi-step instructions, letter sequence, lists or tasks to complete
- Improve grades, written and verbal expression to align with IQ
- Turn everyday games and routines into successful treatment
You will leave this course with a comprehensive outlook on Dyslexia, as more than just reading!
Improving Performance in Cognition, Language and Social Interaction
Mary B. Asper, MS, CCC-SLP will illustrate how language learning difficulties can make social interactions difficult, and how you can best coach your students to engage in successful relationships. Solve the puzzle of decoding, fluency and comprehension as you learn techniques for breaking down the language and scaffolding reading and writing success:
- Recognize and Assess Skill Deficits
- Techniques to Strengthen Executive Function
- Strategies to Teach the Sound System of Language
- Achieving Initiation and Structure: Written Expression
- Framework for Literacy and Learning
- Reduce Anxiety and Increase Performance
- Make Technology Work for You and Your Student
- Plan and Implement
Discover how movement, games, group activities and storytelling can improve learning and performance while overcoming challenges in social interaction, executive function and anxiety.
Building NEW Neuropathways to Master Visual and Auditory Memory, Visual Perceptual Skills, Visual Motor Skill Development and More!
Penny Stack, OTD, OTR/L, CLT will step you through the executive cognitive functions that impact processing speed and reading comprehension. Learn to address visual perceptual, visual motor integration, auditory and visual memory deficits with treatment strategies disguised as everyday activities.
- Dyslexia — The Origin & Myths
- Assessment for Cognitive Function
- Treatment Strategies for Redeveloping Neuropathways
- Documentation and Billing
- Mock Sessions & Case Studies
Walk away with the knowledge to identify visual problems impacting learning and formulate therapeutic interventions you can begin using immediately.
Would you like to receive Mary B. Asper - Dyslexia ?
Learning that Fits YOUR Schedule:
View any of the video modules at your convenience with immediate entry into the online portal. You’ll have unlimited access to all the materials, and you can download everything to keep for future reference! Plus, use the CE21 Mobile™ app to access the course content on-the-go, wherever and whenever you want on your mobile devices.
Interact and collaborate with other professionals in the online community through chat boards and online forums. Participants love sharing ideas, asking questions and networking with other practitioners!
Complete your CE tests online at the completion of each module, with instant access to your CE certificates – earn up to 12 CE hours.